- 3 Things You Can Do to Avoid Getting Hosed by a Publishing Scam
- Why Almost ALL Writers Make These Grammar Mistakes At Some Point
- Why Envy Will Keep Us From Writing
- 5 Tips For Authors On How To Deal With Rejection
- Top Mistakes to Avoid When Writing a Novel
- How to Avoid Common New Writer Mistakes
- 10 Mistakes New Fiction Writers Make
- 10 Common Mistakes Writers Overlook
All posts tagged "freelance writing advice"
- Get Better At Organizing And Become A Productive Writer
Writers are not often naturally organized creatures, however learning how to be so can be invaluable when it comes to improving your writing and becoming more successful. You might think ‘but why?’ Writing is surely all about...
- Posted January 20, 2017
- It’s Time To Take Your Writing (And Yourself) Seriously
There are so many writers out there that keep their writing, and the fact that they love it, as a deep, dark shameful secret that they don’t want anyone to know about. By pretending that we are not...
- Posted January 13, 2017
- Ways To Reward Yourself For Writing
One of the best ways to make sure that you keep up with all your writing goals this year is to give yourself rewards every time you do!We all know that writing is challenging, and even though...
- Posted January 7, 2017
- How To Give Constructive Criticism On Writing
It an be quite daunting when a writer gives you something of their work to read. You want to give them useful feedback but, knowing how sensitive writers can be it can often feel easier just to...
- Posted January 7, 2017
- Improve Your Writing Skills Today!
Whether you are hoping to finally write that novel or looking to start a freelance writing career, having good writing skills is crucial. The best writers will always be looking for ways to improve their writing skills....
- Posted January 5, 2017
- Don’t Be The Person That Stops Your From Writing
Writers can come up with all sorts of weird and wonderful excuses not to write. But the truth is if you don’t sit down and get on with it then you’ll never get anywhere – and the...
- Posted December 30, 2016
- Why A Library Is Every Writers Best Friend
There are some places that should be sacred to writers. Places where they can go to feel truly immersed in their work, that can inspire them, help them improve and where they feel supported and believed in....
- Posted December 20, 2016
- The People Every Writer Needs In Their Life
Writing can often feel like quite a solitary job. If you spend long hours of your day holed up in your little ‘writing sanctuary’ – with family and friends under strict instruction not to disturb you –...
- Posted December 16, 2016
- How To Juggle Writing With Your Day Job
For many writers, writing is something that they have to fit in around other work and life commitments. In fact, only a very small proportion of lucky (and talented, of course) writers get to quit their day...
- Posted December 15, 2016
- 5 Things Your Inner Critic Might Say (And Why You Should Ignore Them)
Every author has an inner critic – and while sometimes they can be helpful – they can keep your ego in check, can push you to write the best you possibly can, and make you into a...
- Posted December 14, 2016