- 3 Things You Can Do to Avoid Getting Hosed by a Publishing Scam
- Why Almost ALL Writers Make These Grammar Mistakes At Some Point
- Why Envy Will Keep Us From Writing
- 5 Tips For Authors On How To Deal With Rejection
- Top Mistakes to Avoid When Writing a Novel
- How to Avoid Common New Writer Mistakes
- 10 Mistakes New Fiction Writers Make
- 10 Common Mistakes Writers Overlook
All posts tagged "writing discipline"
- 5 New Year Habits For A Writer
Hello, and welcome back to Writer’s Life.org! It’s a new year, and many of us use this time of year to reflect on the past and resolve to make changes for the future. If you are thinking...
- Posted December 28, 2015
- 5 Steps To Better Revising
Hello, and welcome back to Writer’s Life! Today, I’d like to give you 5 steps to better revising. For many of us, the joy of writing is in the creation, being surprised by our character’s actions and...
- Posted December 21, 2015
- Getting Back to Writing After A Long Break
Share, Pin or Retweet If You Love Writing! If you’ve taken a hiatus from writing for whatever reason and are feeling some anxiety about getting back into the game, don’t worry. It’s a perfectly natural feeling, but...
- Posted September 16, 2015
- How to Summon Creativity Whenever You Need It
Share, Pin or Retweet If You Love Writing! What does it mean to be ‘creative on command?’ To me, it means being able to turn your creativity on like a light switch; whenever you need it, it’s...
- Posted June 26, 2015
- Six Ways To Get In The Mood To Write
Share, Pin or Retweet If You Love Writing! More specifically, I don’t believe in that mythical, wraithlike ogre that sucks the life and soul from a writer, rendering him impotent, unable to put words down on paper...
- Posted June 3, 2015
- Writing Means It Is Time To Go To Work
Share, Pin or Retweet If You Love Writing! I’m writing this from a friend’s borrowed apartment in New York City. Sun streams in through the east-facing windows. The air-conditioner hums. Outside, a bus sighs — that’s how...
- Posted May 21, 2015
- Elmore Leonard’s Ten Rules For Writers
Share, Pin or Retweet. These are rules I’ve picked up along the way to help me remain invisible when I’m writing a book, to help me show rather than tell what’s taking place in the story. If...
- Posted May 12, 2015
- Yes, You Can Earn $250 an Hour As A Writer!
Share, Pin or Retweet If You Love Writing! How sweet it would be to earn $250 per hour — as a writer, no less. Sounds like a crazy dream, right? It’s kind of like your dream...
- Posted April 24, 2015
- Staying Sane While Writing Fiction
Share, pin or retweet if you love writing! Sometimes writing can be so difficult, so terrifying, you experience a shaky, out-of-control feeling. You might be tempted to shut down that flow of energy and regain your sense of control....
- Posted March 26, 2015
- What Good Writers Do To Stay In The Business
“Share, Pin or Retweet If You Like Writing!” The difference between good writers and bad writers has little to do with skill. It has to do with perseverance. Bad writers quit. Good writers keep going. That’s all there...
- Posted March 11, 2015