- 3 Things You Can Do to Avoid Getting Hosed by a Publishing Scam
- Why Almost ALL Writers Make These Grammar Mistakes At Some Point
- Why Envy Will Keep Us From Writing
- 5 Tips For Authors On How To Deal With Rejection
- Top Mistakes to Avoid When Writing a Novel
- How to Avoid Common New Writer Mistakes
- 10 Mistakes New Fiction Writers Make
- 10 Common Mistakes Writers Overlook
All posts tagged "writing advice"
- Get Better At Organizing And Become A Productive Writer
Writers are not often naturally organized creatures, however learning how to be so can be invaluable when it comes to improving your writing and becoming more successful. You might think ‘but why?’ Writing is surely all about...
- Posted January 20, 2017
- How To Write Outside Your Comfort Zone
It’s always good to experiment with your writing, and learning how to push those boundaries and write outside your comfort zone can lead you down many interesting paths. Of course, writing outside your comfort zone is easier...
- Posted January 19, 2017
- Why Do So Many Books Fail?
The majority of books that are written are hardly read by anybody. This may seem a little depressing, but it is the unfortunate truth. Think of all the millions of books that are out there. How many...
- Posted January 19, 2017
- How To Create A Plot Twist That Will Shock Your Readers
When you are approaching the end of a novel, there is nothing better then suddenly everything you thought you knew being turned on its head. You were expecting the protagonist journey to go a certain way, but...
- Posted January 18, 2017
- Does Your First Chapter Make A Good Impression?
Your first chapter is arguably the most important chapter of your book. This is the one that publishers will read and decide whether your book is worth paying more attention to, and one that your readers will...
- Posted January 17, 2017
- How To Make Every Scene In Your Novel Count
If you really think about it, your novel is just a compilation of scenes that, when read together, tell your story. If your scenes flow into one another and complement one another (with the help of a...
- Posted January 14, 2017
- It’s Time To Take Your Writing (And Yourself) Seriously
There are so many writers out there that keep their writing, and the fact that they love it, as a deep, dark shameful secret that they don’t want anyone to know about. By pretending that we are not...
- Posted January 13, 2017
- Why Your Should Write Your Book This Year
Make 2017 the year that you write your book. Why not? Go on; you can do it; I promise you! Writing a book can be scary and daunting, but if you have always toyed with the idea...
- Posted January 10, 2017
- How To Give Constructive Criticism On Writing
It an be quite daunting when a writer gives you something of their work to read. You want to give them useful feedback but, knowing how sensitive writers can be it can often feel easier just to...
- Posted January 7, 2017
- Improve Your Writing Skills Today!
Whether you are hoping to finally write that novel or looking to start a freelance writing career, having good writing skills is crucial. The best writers will always be looking for ways to improve their writing skills....
- Posted January 5, 2017