- 3 Things You Can Do to Avoid Getting Hosed by a Publishing Scam
- Why Almost ALL Writers Make These Grammar Mistakes At Some Point
- Why Envy Will Keep Us From Writing
- 5 Tips For Authors On How To Deal With Rejection
- Top Mistakes to Avoid When Writing a Novel
- How to Avoid Common New Writer Mistakes
- 10 Mistakes New Fiction Writers Make
- 10 Common Mistakes Writers Overlook
All posts tagged "novel writing tips"
- How To Create A Plot Twist That Will Shock Your Readers
When you are approaching the end of a novel, there is nothing better then suddenly everything you thought you knew being turned on its head. You were expecting the protagonist journey to go a certain way, but...
- Posted January 18, 2017
- How To Make Every Scene In Your Novel Count
If you really think about it, your novel is just a compilation of scenes that, when read together, tell your story. If your scenes flow into one another and complement one another (with the help of a...
- Posted January 14, 2017
- How To Make Your Characters Sound Different
Sometimes when writing a story with lots of different characters we find that two of them sound and act rather like one another, or, worst still , your whole cast of characters sound the same echoing and...
- Posted January 5, 2017
- How To Write A Great Author Profile
Ahh, the dreaded author profile. Is there anything worse? Synopsis writing? Editing? I am not sure! The thing about writing an author profile is that you have to turn from being your own worst critic to your...
- Posted December 20, 2016
- Is Your Villain Ruining Your Novel?
Most novels have a character that acts as the ‘villain’. He or she is the antagonist, the one that you pit against your hero or heroine. The villain causes problems for your protagonist; they put obstacles in...
- Posted December 10, 2016
- Are You Stuck With Your Writing? Try This To Help You Get Going once More!
There is nothing worse than midway through a piece of writing coming to an abrupt standstill. You think you are progressing, have really got into the swing of things, are sticking religiously to your writing timetable and...
- Posted December 7, 2016
- Which Archetype Is Your Male Protagonist?
Nobody wants to create a stereotypical leading male protagonist in their novel. However, saying that, understanding some of the main features of different archetypal male characters can be useful. You can use these as a base to...
- Posted December 5, 2016
- Famous Writers Writing Habits – Could They Make You A Better Writer?
There are loads of pieces of advice out there about how to become a better writer. But perhaps the most sounds advice comes from other authors. Ones who have been there and done that and have proven...
- Posted November 25, 2016
- How To Write A Book – It’s Easier Than You Think!
There is no wrong or right way to write a book. However, one thing that is true is that anyone can do it. If you think you have a story in there somewhere and have always dreamt...
- Posted November 22, 2016
- How To Share Your Personal Experiences Through Your Writing
People write for many different reasons, and some choose to share deeply personal and affecting experiences that they have had in their own lives. This may be to highlight particular issues and problems to others, it may...
- Posted November 16, 2016