- 3 Things You Can Do to Avoid Getting Hosed by a Publishing Scam
- Why Almost ALL Writers Make These Grammar Mistakes At Some Point
- Why Envy Will Keep Us From Writing
- 5 Tips For Authors On How To Deal With Rejection
- Top Mistakes to Avoid When Writing a Novel
- How to Avoid Common New Writer Mistakes
- 10 Mistakes New Fiction Writers Make
- 10 Common Mistakes Writers Overlook
All posts tagged "how to write a book"
- 6 Ways to Finish a Non-fiction Book
Writing a non-fiction book can be just as tricky as attempting to write fiction. While the two are very different, writing non-fiction brings with it its own difficulties, and ensuring that you get it right can be...
- Posted June 7, 2016
- 5 Steps To Better Revising
Hello, and welcome back to Writer’s Life! Today, I’d like to give you 5 steps to better revising. For many of us, the joy of writing is in the creation, being surprised by our character’s actions and...
- Posted December 21, 2015
- These 5 Tips Will Almost Guarantee That You Write A Bestselling Novel
To create a brilliant novel you need to tell a brilliant story. It really is as simple as that. ‘But how?!’ We hear you cry. Telling a great story comes down to 5 simple rules. If you...
- Posted December 14, 2015
- Writing At Its Best Is A Lonely Life
Share, Pin or Retweet If You Love Writing! Today is the birthday of Ernest Hemingway. In October of 1954, Ernest Hemingway was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature. But he didn’t exactly live every writer’s dream: First,...
- Posted July 21, 2015
- How to Summon Creativity Whenever You Need It
Share, Pin or Retweet If You Love Writing! What does it mean to be ‘creative on command?’ To me, it means being able to turn your creativity on like a light switch; whenever you need it, it’s...
- Posted June 26, 2015
- Marketing Your Book By Making It About Good News
Share, Pin or Retweet If You Love Writing. When you promote a new book release, chances are good you’ll send out at least one press release. And one of the biggest book launch press release mistakes I...
- Posted June 20, 2015
- 10 Musts for Writing a Book
“Share, Like or Tweet If You Love Writing” 1. Take one fabulous idea It’s impossible to overstate the importance of your concept in terms of how successful your book becomes. Stephenie Meyer writes perfectly good, competent prose...
- Posted March 5, 2015
- The Truth: How to Write a Book
“Share, Like or Tweet If You Love Writing” Every author I know gets asked the same question: How do you write a book? It’s a simple question, but it causes unexpected problems. On the one hand, it’s nice...
- Posted March 5, 2015
- 4 Steps for Developing Your Writing Plan
“Share, Like or Tweet If You Love Writing” If you develop a writing plan, you’re more likely to stay motivated and disciplined to write. These steps to developing a writing plan are from author Laura Cross, of NonfictionInk. Before...
- Posted January 31, 2015
- 10 Unbelievably Simple Ways to Write Your Book In 60 Days or Less! (What most publishing houses don’t want you to know)
“Share, Like or Tweet If You Love Writing” Whether you choose 60 days, 30 days or 6 months as your goal, all that matters is that you commit to it and implement a schedule that will get...
- Posted January 30, 2015